• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pa28-160 position lights.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Whelen strobes have been acting up lately. Not sure if wiring or faulty components yet. All strobes randomly work then stop. All or nothing. It seems to pull amps regardless. Gonna try a little troubleshooting tomorrow to see if I can find any trend or correlation.

Anyway,…, long way of saying I might be replacing them with some LEDs depending on the outcome. The WAT 650s I think are a direct fit replacement, but I also have a tail mounted rear position light. Does anyone know if the wing position lights would legally replace the tail? And what that source material is? I would love to replace them (although I would also love to not spend the money if they aint broke yet!)

**Looks like the 600 series has the position light as well as red/green and strobe…

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back