• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lance II prebuy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dharris8

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knew of a reputable shop in the northern Indiana area for a prebuy on a 78 non-turbo Lance T-tail in Ft Wayne. Ive looked at everything from Cherokee 6-300's/Saratogas/Lances, and think I found one that may suit my needs here and want to get a prebuy done before I fly up from FL.

Also, I know there has been plenty of debate about the T-tail v. straight tail lance on here but if you would like to input on that it will be appreciated as well. Im a ~250 hr. private pilot currently in the middle of IFR training and already have my high performance rating. The airports I fly out of regularly have 5000/8000 ft runways, but I do need to carry 3-6 people regularly. How are the t-tails with a full load? I've heard they like the weight in the rear and they eat up some runway but that really is no issue for me.

Thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Back