• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Is the inspection of cables in the specific area below part of the Annual?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know the Annual inspection looks at the control cables in the following areas......

1. The cables and chains behind the yokes
2. The removal of the tail cone, greasing and inspecting the trim cables on the rear winder
3. Shining a torch up into the tunnel between the seats.
4. Inspecting the cables around the rear through the hatch from the luggage area.
5. Lifting the panel under the rear seats and inspecting that area
6. Inspecting the control cables and linkages in the wings through the various inspection hatches.
7. Inspecting the cables on the trim wheel winder

I have two questions, should a normal Annual also include removing the carpet and inspection panel in front of (and behind) the trim wheel as in the photo below?

Also how robust are the plastic pulley wheels just in front of the photo. They seem to have reinforcement in them. Are these made from glass fibre resin and are these life limited parts? When I see how brittle the interior trim plastics are it make me wonder about these very important pulley wheels - a bit scary if they fail!

Attachments

• IMG_20191005_112407_resized_20191124_062422647 (002).jpg
    IMG_20191005_112407_resized_20191124_062422647 (002).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Back