• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Freezing Cold Air coming in my 69 Arrow after new interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Messinger

Reaction score
Ok. I’m stumped. I had a new interior installed a few months ago by my local shop and they did a pretty good job. i helped install the sidepanels so I know that no previous insulation was removed.

None was added either (possibly my First mistake)…**********

its a 69 short body arrow, and yes the original insulation is over 50 years old.

The plane has NEVER been this cold in the winter. we replaced the trimwheel plastic housing, and now I feel a huge amount of cold air coming up through the gap between the flap handle and the housing itself.
It is so bad that I’m tempted to cover it with a towel.

all vents are closed ( I doublechecked)
Also I feel a lot of cold air coming from the floor area behind the front seats. Also there’s cold air coming from behind the instrument panel.
Any Ideas????
im freezing!!

The heat works fine so that’s not the problem. It just can’t keep up with the cold air leak.
Thanks Group!

Latest posts

Back