• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

IA Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin10

Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting
Reaction score
Any experienced and active IA willing to school me on a couple projects I am trying to make legal.

I am an A&P, IA and PP. I however have never used my IA until I just recently purchased my PA-28-161 and the use was for the annual manly.

Anyhow, I want to install the following. Both do not have a STC which make it outside my knowledge.

1. Stratus ESG with GPS antenna mounted where a removed LORAN antenna will be removed. A doubler is already installed, and I will install wet rivets in place of the old mounting holes.

Note: An STC is available for Cessnas'

2. Stratus Power. Will be installed on instrument panel utilizing 4 amp breaker and 20 gage wire IAW with installation manual.

I assume I need a field approval from my local FSDO (VNY) just do not know how to begin my presentation.

Latest posts

Back