• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Circuit Breakers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the original style 'flat' breakers in my '75 Arrow.
I'd like to change at least the 25 amp gear breaker to the newer 'pull' type breaker and possibly add one 10 amp for a new Surefly ignition. My breakers are all mounted in solid breaker 'bars' with the 'line' lug (on the bottom of the breaker) screwed directly to the bar.
The newer trippable 'Tyco' type breakers have the line and load tabs 'angle' design with the 'line' lug reversed from the original. They have new (W58 I think) original style 'flat' untrippable but that's what's in there now.
IF I was able to even bend the mounting tangs enough (which I really don't want to do), I'd have to mount the breaker upside down to mount it to the bar.
Any help with either finding breakers with the tangs 90 degrees from the backs or with ideas that others have done to modify their power panels?
Finished tracking down and fixing my 'aviation master' issue this weekend, and have been spending the better part of two weeks laying under the panel removing and re-installing radios. I had to completely remove my 530, 155, transponder, DME, intercom. Re-pinned the 530 for RS-232 in/out so that I can feed info to the new transponder. Everything fires up correctly but the 530 still won't acquire the satellites and I think I'm going to have to get the operating system and aviation databases updated. It's running 3.0 from (I think) 2005, and I KNOW it has to be updated in order to work with the 330ES.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Joe

Latest posts

Back