• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hose for electric fuel pump cooling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My ‘65 PA-28-140 has a scoop on the bottom of the cowl with a hose running up to the cover assembly for the electric fuel pump. Its obvious purpose is to provide cool air to the electric fuel pump. My problem is that the hose is coming apart.

I think the original part number was 63633-023, but I’m not absolutely sure and can’t find it anyway. The hose that’s on there looks like the Thermoid Aeroduct CAT or CEET ducting carried by Aircraft Spruce. That’s medium temperature ducting. I’m thinking about replacing it with VENA HT (SCAT-equivalent) high temperature ducting.

Has anyone else replaced this hose/duct and, if you did, what did you use?

Latest posts

Back