• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hat Shelf question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mv_myrx

Reaction score
How many have added the hat shelf and removed the old cardboard bulkhead. Did you gain that much space for luggage and general storage? It appears to come out from the mounting lip the bulkhead attaches to and turn rearward projecting several inches into the fuselage. how far back does it go. Also I have a 1969 B with rear seats on plywood and shoulder restraints on for the front seats. If I remove the rear seats I can only raise the plywood platform to the bottom of the shoulder restraints. Has anyone modified this in any was as to be able to fully raise the plywood so as to not be standing on your head to get to the battery and other items under the back seats.
Thanks,
Danny

Latest posts

Back