• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GTX 345 problems with weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaos32d

Reaction score
BLUF: It isn't pushing adsb radar to the GTN or the iPad as far as I can tell.

My partner and I recently paid for an install of GTN650, GTX345, and FS510. The whole point behind installing the 650 was to use a EFB and populate all the adsb info. We were using a stratus before and it worked perfect. Now when the ipad is connected to both the FS510 and 345 or just one it doesn't update but every 15 minutes and it doesn't display weather data. See pictures below. Note how there are hash marks across the map and small word saying "radar not available".

My installer, Pee Dee in South Carolina, says that's because there is no weather around. When you switch over to the ipad using the Stratus the hash marks go away.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong? It pushes traffic and METAR data, just not radar. We have all the latest software running.

Radar-not-available-with-arrow.jpeg

Latest posts

Back