• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

G5s and panel arrangement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking at doing a left side panel replacement as part of my G5 and GPS/Comm upgrade. My A&P says my existing panel is structuall not supported very well. And after looking at it, it does look like a lot of the original face have been snipped away. Anyway, the current panel is a pretty typical layout, but he is asking if I would prefer the G5s centered over the yoke. To be honest, I hadn't even notice that the whole panel was left-centered couple of inches. I like the idea of centering things, but I lose any space on the right side of the 6 pack for any other instruments. I have an existing CDI I would have to move to the left side instead.

Anyway, just looking for any thoughts if anyone else has had similar issues. Or, likewise, anyone having instruments just left of center for IFR trying and some light actual IFR flying.

Having slept on the idea a couple of days, I am leaning towards simply putting it all back in the same place.

Attachments

• IMG_20230731_151251.jpg
    IMG_20230731_151251.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230731_150819.jpg
    IMG_20230731_150819.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back