• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

FS: New WAT G3 PAR-36 Landing and Taxi Lights

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you missed it at Oshkosh, Whelen Aerospace Technologies (WAT) announced and released their new Parmetheus G3 PAR-36 landing and taxi lights. At Oshkosh everyone sold out of their stock of G3s because they were so popular. I got to play with these a little bit prior to the release and they are incredible lights for the money. Incomparable I'd say. They are 2.5 times brighter then the PAR-36 Parmetheus Plus series LED landing and taxi lights boasting close to 140,000 candela power for the landing light. They are even brighter than the WAT Parmetheus Pro. If you're looking for landing and taxi light upgrade, this is it. The G3 is compatible with both 14V and 28V electrical systems. I have them in stock and ready to go. They are $305 each.

Whelen Aircraft Lighting <-- Order here
[email protected] <-- Email me
1-833-425-5288 <-- Call me

WAT G3 Video <-- Click here for an intro video on the G3

Here are some comparative photos I took using a tripod mounted DSLR with the same exact camera settings.

First photo: PAR-36 Parmetheus G3 taxi light
Second photo: PAR-36 Parmetheus Plus taxi light
Third photo: PAR-36 G3 landing light
Fourth photo: PAR-36 competitor light
Fifth photo: PAR-36 G3 taxi light

Gen3Plus.JPG

Gen2Plus.JPG

Edit_WATPlusLanding.jpg

Edit_Aerolite.jpg

Edit_WATPlusTaxi.jpg

Last edited:

rick440

Adventure One
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 3rd photo appears to be the brightest....what is the competitor name?

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 3rd photo appears to be the brightest....what is the competitor name?
Aerolite. You can see their light in the video too.

Edit: The photos were out of order so I have fixed the narrative! Doh!

Last edited:

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering what they were doing at night. They did the testing @ KSNC, Chester, CT.

obw1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aerolite. You can see their light in the video too.
Did you mix up the photos? They are in a different order in your posting on BeechTalk, and the brightest one there is shown as the G3 Landing light.

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you mix up the photos? They are in a different order in your posting on BeechTalk, and the brightest one there is shown as the G3 Landing light.
Yes they didn't post up in the correct order and I have reorganized the narrative to demonstrate the correct order of the lights. The brightest is the G3. The least bright is the Aerolite. Face plant.

Last edited:

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you tried ordering and it said out of stock, that's not true - that was a website issue. I have plenty of landing light G3s in stock and very limited taxi lights at the moment. I have 15 more taxi lights on the way. These lights are the bomb.

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a G3 at Oshkosh. I installed it the other day, and it is MUCH better than the original Parmetheus (not even the plus) I replaced. It might or might not be the brightest, but it certainly bright enough. Important for me since the 235 only has the one light on the nose, and no way to put anymore in due to the tip tanks.

clinect

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have looked at the G3 and i am a little confused about the status of the unit. The Parmetheus Plus, which I have in my Warrior’s nose, lists PMA status but also STC for my plane. The G3 appears to only have STC, so arguable about ability of an owner to install. Can you explain the status? Whelen seems to simply avoid the issue.

OSUAV8TER

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have looked at the G3 and i am a little confused about the status of the unit. The Parmetheus Plus, which I have in my Warrior’s nose, lists PMA status but also STC for my plane. The G3 appears to only have STC, so arguable about ability of an owner to install. Can you explain the status? Whelen seems to simply avoid the issue.
The Parmetheus Plus carried both STC and PMA approval whereas the Parmetheus G3 only carries STC approval. It helps to cut down on certification costs when you don't obtain similar or redundant certification. Some of these lights (not the G3 as an example) have STC, PMA, and TSO approval. That gets expensive and quick!