• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Engine Sputter at 1,700 rpm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiger

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

As I was doing some touch and go's at a grass runway I got a slight engine sputter on final approach while holding 1,700rpm. It was a very slight sputter that lasted about 1/4 second. I decided to land and run the engine up on the ground. It seemed fine so I took off again and when I was back on final approach for the 2nd time I was at 1,700 rpm and the engine sputtered again, but this time it was for about 1/2 second. I gave it alittle juice which seemed to help and I decided to do a full stop and see what the issue is. Have any of you had an issue like this? I checked the gas tanks and the fuel seemed clean. I run the engine at 1,500-1,700rpm when I am abeam the numbers on downwind. I fly a Cherokee 140 and the engine is 800 smoh. Please advise. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back