• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dynon HDX and Trutrak Vizion Install PA32 PIREP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying_Monkey

Reaction score
As some of you may know, Jesse Saint at Saint Aviation (X35, Dunnellon, FL) is currently installing the Dynon HDx and Trutrak vizion AP in my Pa32-300. I am writing this as an install and subsequent PIREP for those thinking about installing similar. I am sure Jesse will add to this thread and post some pictures and useful info and hopefully he can answer your more technical questions.

I already have installed an Avidyne IFD540, axp322 remote out transponder, skytrax100 adsb In, jPi edm900 (which is certified for primary), and Garmin SL30. The plan is to remove the vacuum system (good riddance) and replace all the flight instruments with the HDX system which includes the D10A as a backup. We will be installing the 10” HDX, horizontal knob panel, Dynon ADSB In module (HDX does not accept skytrax adsb In info), D10A, and the Trutrak autopilot. Jesse will also be doing a custom panel overlay. There are also some other little additions and detail fixes he is doing.

I flew out the plane from California to Florida as I coincidentally had a freelance job there for a week or so and I really wanted to work with Jesse on this upgrade based on his extensive knowledge and experience with both the HDX and the Trutrak.

So far he has sent these pics of assembly and bench testing.
IMG_2537.JPG
IMG_2538.JPG

More updates to come soon....

Latest posts

Back