• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Door spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg S

Reaction score
Found this on the POS site and thought it may be of some help to someone:
Piper Door Open Holder Repair

FYI,
If anyone has a problem with their Piper door open holder, I may have the answer to your problem. Usually the spring is broken. Unfortunately the part number is not listed in any of the Piper manual's that I researched. Luckily, I ran across a member of the Piper Owner Society that had found the part number years ago and the spring is readably available form Piper. Now get this, the cost is $2.06. The Part Number is 487-468. It is simple to replace. All that is required is to remove the rivet on the very end of the assembly. It is connected to a plastic block that holds the spring inside the assemble. Do not remove the 2nd rivet. That rivet secures the cam that the locking lever rotates around. I have not found that PN. Since I drilled it out, I had to have it welded back to the slide.

When I went to pick up the part one of the mechanics told me that he had no idea that he could buy the part. He said that he just orders a new assembly. I told him at $325.00 per assembly, I'd think if it was his money, then he would think twice about ordering a complete assembly. I hope this helps.

http://www.piperowner.org/components/co ... spring.JPG
http://www.piperowner.org/components/co ... spring.JPG

Latest posts

Back