• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cherokee 140 door handle mechanism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, had an interesting situation yesterday after landing & attempting to open the door to exit the airplane. The door would not open. Fortunately there were two guys from the hangar next to mine that came over & pulled on the outside latch & let us out. Upon further inspection I found that the steel rod that connects the interior door handle to the door latch mechanism had somehow come out of the hole in the slide. Also, there is this spring metal clip that slides over the steel rod that I have no idea what it’s for. The end of the rod has a slight bend but it doesn’t look like it’s enough to keep it securely in the hole of the slide that pulls open the door latch. I’m thinking that the steel pull rod had more of a “U” bend in the end & a portion broke off leaving just the “L” shape. Anyone have any experience with this?

Latest posts

Back