• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Door adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My door is difficult to close. I can do it from the outside by pushing with a respectable amount of force, but cannot do it from the inside since I'd have to pull on the handle quite hard and might rip the lining off. When I fly, I just pull it as closed as it'll go and snap the top locking hatch and it works fine. But, I can still see outside around the back and bottom of the door still. Its not a solid seal. If someone closed it from the outside, it would work fine, so long as it was pushed fairly hard to make the latch catch.

Is this easy to adjust? What is likely the issue? I assume this is fairly common.

Latest posts

Back