• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Dakota power settings, and numerous questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodtherancher

Reaction score
As I indicated in my initial post on the forum, I have a lot of questions re: flying the Dakota, that some of the members here could probably answer. The CFI that accompanied me on my return ferry flight gave me just a few hints, and it wasn't anything at all like a checkout in the airplane. I "improvised" as I went along, and managed to land it twice without breaking or bending the bird.

The POH is not very explicit as to manifold pressure settings in various stages of flight other than cruise. I'm still in the dark as to how much power to pull off for say...a 500 fpm descent, power reduction in the pattern prior to flap extension and getting speed reduced into the white arc.

This wasn't terribly important till now, since my damaged airplane is now repaired. I'm sure the CFI will have some inputs while doing my High Performance checkout, but I'd really like to hear from any other Dakota/ Cherokee 235 owners on this topic! I am a believer in preparation before flying.

Latest posts

Back