• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Performance table PA32R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone gone filled out a performance table for basic settings on the PA32R-300? If so, please fill in your numbers for me. I will use them as a starting reference point and will publish my filled in table when I verify the numbers.

Based on a Moody Aviation Seminar I just completed yesterday, they mentioned having this kind of table as good starting point for stabilized approaches. They said similar tables were recommend in the old FAA Instrument Flying Handbook. I used to have these kinds of tables when I did flight instruction to new pilots, and I remembered my first instructor had a similar table for every airplane he flew for each phase of flight. Also serves as a check if you’re not getting the expected performance--something is off—such as requiring less power than expected (gear up when it should have been down, etc.)

Traffic pattern (gear down prop mixture full forward):

Traffic pattern
Pitch​
MAP​
FLAP​
IAS​
Downwind LVL FLT
20”​
10°​
100​
Base 500 fpm
25°​
90​
Final 500 fpm
40°​
80-90​

Holding 2300 - 2400 RPM (Mixture Lean, gear flaps up)

Pitch​
MAP​
IAS​
100 120​

Instrument Approaches (RPM full forward, mixture Rich, gear down, flaps up):

Approach​
Pitch​
MAP​
Level flight​
500 fpm​

Latest posts

Back