• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Cabin size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smooth9883

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question about cabin size. I learned to fly in a warrior II. I noticed that the size of the cabin was manageable for a guy my size. (I'm 6'7"). When working on my commercial I flew in an arrorw III and an arrow IV. The arrow more than ample room.

Over the last few months I've been thinking about buying an archer II or III. I figured that a little extra power and a fixed gear and prop would help me save on maintenance. With this in mind I went to go and fly an archer III the other day. I preflighted the aircraft but when I got in the cockpit I noticed the headroom was not very good. My head was touching the top of the cabin. What was worse was I went to do a flight control check and there was no way possible for me to move the yoke left. It hit my knee after about 5 degrees of turn on the yoke. I've never had this problem before. I had to obviously cancel the flight because of the problem. With this in mind I was curious, are the cabins different from a warrior to an archer? I didn't think they were. I did notice the new archer has some very plush leather seats that seem to be elevated more than the seats in the older pipers that basically sit on the floor. Is this the difference?

And yes, I had the seat all the way back and down.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Latest posts

Back