• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Broken wheel Aztec F

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroCambodia

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to know how common it is to have the inner rim crack at the bead flange on the main gear?

Could over inflation cause this?
How hard a landing would it take to crack the wheel all the way around and have it split 5" until it rubbing on the brakes?

It looks like a bad design to have a sharp right angle on the inner side of the wheel.
This airplane just has a complete annual inspection in england 40 hours ago to change to a FAA N number would a wheel inspection be part of a inspection?

Are the new replacement wheels better then to original wheels?
I'm not the maintenance man I'm just doing some primary inspections and found the cracked wheel our maintenance man will be here next week to help . But I want to know why and how to fix this.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

Latest posts

Back