• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

autopilot issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
i have the original autopilot in my 77 arrow. I just got it and the original owner tells me that when in nav mode it works off of the 430 AND the heading bug at the same time. This doesnt make sense to me. Why would it have a nav and a heading mode separately if they are used together in the nav mode. He says it takes the average of the two and navigates from that. Does this sound right to anyone else?

Latest posts

Back