• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

ASPEN - one or two? (or three)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I fly a Dakota with a "single" ASPEN Pro unit, but with a lot of other glass, a large format certificated GPS/COM (IFD540) and a panel mounted 796, etc., so have easy visual access to XM weather and Jepp charts, and traffic & lightning.

I have been kicking around adding a second ASPEN for reversion protection, but with a Sandia installed don't think that alone would justify it.

This question is to folks that have multiple ASPEN's installed. Perhaps you bought the plane that way, or maybe you reasoned through it and added it in yourself. Do you find you really need/use could not live without that second unit (now)? How do you use that second unit, that really "pays its way"?

I welcome comments from anyone ...

* Orest

Latest posts

Back