• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow 180 Versus Arrow 200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornit

Reaction score
Im in the market for a decent 4 place aircraft and would really like to know from folks here who own them what to look out for and consider between these two models. My budget is in the 50-60K region. Im also looking at Cherokee 235's and possibly the 180's. But my heart is kind of set on the Arrow. Taught in them at school long ago and have quite a few hours in them.

I have a very nice Cessna 150 at present and also access (pretty much anytime I want) to a Mooney M20C in nice shape. The Mooney is too "tight" for 4 adults on a long weekend trip and while I enjoy flying it, I really want something that will really haul 4 folks and their bags on 2-3 hour trips. Would like to sell the 150 while it still has a lot of good value.

We had both 180 and 200 HP Arrows at school and I liked both of them. Any opinions and help here would be much appreciated as Im nearing the point where Im going to go actually start looking at aircraft.

My background is Ive been involved in GA my whole life, willing and able to work on my aircraft (not an A&P) have lots of help in that regard locally. I am a former Navy pilot and current Airline pilot with over 22000 hours TT.

Thanks in advance for any and all help, opinions, and advice!

Latest posts

Back