• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Advice to purchase a 1977 Piper PA-28R-201 Arrow III

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 24104

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a young (80h) pilot and looking to purchase my first airplane. I have flown a PA-28R 200 Arrow II, which would have been a good fit but I would like to fly 4 people ( pilot + 3 passenger), with a decent amount of fuel. The useful load isn’t enough for my mission

I have found a 1977 Piper PA-28R-201 Arrow III, which according to my reading, has a useful load of about 1237 lbs. Which would let me fly with 770 lbs of passengers, 90 lbs luggage and about 50 us gal of fuel (3.5h autonomie), correct?

Here are the plane details:
  • Total hours : 8708:50
  • Engine Lycoming IO-360-C1C6 200 hp TSN : 3543:20 TSO : 266:50
  • Propeller Hartzell 3 blades HC-C3YR-1RF (F7282) TSN : 268:08 TSO : 265:35
  • Airplane maintained professionnaly in workshop and is in CAMO.
  • All maintenance visits done before delivery : ready to fly.
  • Price 85’000USD (without negotiations)

The seller will send me all the papers during the week.

Any advice on what I should look for specifically on this model? I will meet the seller to have a look at the plane and see the actual condition (in picture, it looks great).

Any technical, and first buy advice are welcome.

Thanks,

David

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back