• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arch Warrior - Carb Heat Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6015

Reaction score
My '74 Arch Warrior is apart for annual and we noticed that the carb heat flapper has no seal remaining. Looking at it closer someone appears to have modified it quite extensively such that it has an inlet/port on the left side mated to a heat shroud from a 180 or archer, and a round hose attachment to the stock airbox on the other. This would be fine except whoever modified it clearly welded it together without any concern for future removal of the flapper...so I have no way to replace the seal.

It isn't clear to me that this was actually required for the STC (at least there isn't anything in the paperwork), so the only reason I can figure they did it was for clearance or fitment issues. Does anyone with the arch warrior STC have a similar setup? Anyone have the stock carb heat setup from the -151 warrior with an O-360 installed?

Attachments

• IMG_1179.jpeg
    IMG_1179.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1178.jpeg
    IMG_1178.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Back