• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Warrior 1 Gross Weight STC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6015

Reaction score
I have a 1974 Arch-Warrior (180 hp STC), and from what I can tell there doesn't exist an STC to increase the gross weight on this model warrior. There is an STC for an increase on the later model warriors (Warrior 2), but I'm curious to know why.

Based on my research, the STC (SA00397NY) for the early warrior 2's (1977 to 1982) is a paper work STC, meaning there are no changes to the airframe, but it lets you legally operate at 2440lbs (up from 2315, same as the Warrior 1). Now, the warrior 2 started out with 10 more horsepower, so that may be one factor but it's possible there are structural changes between the two airframes as well.

Does anyone know what the structural differences (if any) that allow the gross weight increase on the -161 models but not the -151? If this is a paperwork thing it might be worth some time to investigate getting an STC for the archwarriors, since I know there are at least two of us on here with those conversions.

Latest posts

Back