• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Carb air box parts -Piper Archer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mag

Reaction score
I have my carb airbox removed and am looking for an IPC. The Piper Archer IPC does not break down this part, it only list the part numbers for the rubber grommets on each side of the butterfly shaft.

When I removed the butterfly shaft, it had two teflon inserts that ride on the shaft inside the rubber grommets. Does anyone have a part number for those?

Additionally, the carb heat deflector door appears to have felt type material around the edge that is worn out and or missing. It looks like I get a good seal without that material, although I suspect the felt prevents chatter erosion into the carb airbox assembly. Has anyone ever replaced that material?

My airplane is a 76 Pa-28-181. I believe the airbox assy number is 62989-00

Latest posts

Back