• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Any tricks for raising the nose on a (parked) Cherokee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
On the Warrior (and, I assume, other Cherokees), you have to remove the nosewheel to install or uninstall its fairing.

The Right Way to lift the nosewheel (as taught to me by the shop) is to fasten the tail tiedown ring to a weighted tail stand, then jack both wings until the nosewheel is off the ground. The Quick Way to do it (demonstrated by a junior mechanic when his boss wasn't around) is to chock the mains, then pile boxes of oil on the stabilator until it comes down and you can attach it to the tail stand. The Dumb Owner way to do it (as demonstrated once, barely successfully, by me) was to hang a few iron dumbbells by a chain attached to the tail tiedown ring until the nose popped up.

Does anyone have any better hacks for lifting that nosewheel without buying $1,000+ worth of jacks and stands? I know I can always taxi over to my current shop and borrow theirs — I've done that a few times — but I'd like a solution I can manage on my own.

Thanks, David

Latest posts

Back