• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Airspeed Tests for Arrow III

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmithjr

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am planning to train in an Arrow III this summer and as I don't have access to one at the moment, I've done a lot of time rehearsing using Flight Simulator X with a reasonable rendition of an Arrow III. I've been playing with power settings and configurations to see what gets me what. Kindly submitted for your review are the first results from my testing. I'd like to get your opinions and feedback as to:

1. Do you think these numbers are realistic?
2. Any specific configurations and/or temperature/pressure settings you'd like me to try and report on?

As with all aircraft performance results, there are some notes to be considered and here are some of mine:

1. All tests were conducted using standard atmosphere.
2. No wind.
3. All tests were flown level at 2,000 feet MSL. Rates of climb or descent will be determined at a later date.
4. The autopilot held the aircraft level except when approaching stall airspeed.
5. Payload was a 180-lb pilot and 180-lb front seat passenger with 15 lbs in baggage compartment.
6. Flight originated with full tanks fuel and was indicating 3/4 after landing.
7. These are exact numbers I read off the simulator program and cannot be used for any planning purposes by anyone for a real flight. Well, you can use them but I'm not liable if something doesn't work out.
8. Aircraft used was an Arrow III (PA-28R-201) - no other Arrow variant will be used as (1) I don't own any other simulator model and (2) I'm not training in any other Arrow variant so I'm not interested in any other.
Thanks for your time and hope to see what y'all think.

View attachment Level Flight Airspeeds.pdf

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back