• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

$155k for a 1981 Piper Warrior II??

rick440

Adventure One
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While it only has 2500 hours on the airframe along with Factory A/C, new paint and interior - the prices seems w-a-y high! The aircraft market feels like the stock market right now - sell high and then go bottom-fishing in about six months to a year when the bubble bursts.

And the best part - the above aircraft still has the original King 170B radio - a forty year old relic.

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you start paying $15 for a loaf of bread then you'll know the prices are permanent.

Meanwhile, if someone wants to buy a Warrior for $155K I'll sell my Lance for $250K. Tempt me!

Skigolfmike

Supporting Member
Reaction score
$155k is crazy. There is no doubt that the market is crazy right now. In the last 4 years planes have gone up on average ~50%.

The real issue here is lots of buyers, fueled by low interest rates and COVID restricted travel, people wanted alternative modes of transportation chasing a limited supply of used, affordable planes that cannot be cheaply replaced. Who is going to pay $500k for a new 172 or Warrior? Over time the supply of affordable, used planes is going to keep shrinking faster than they will be replaced by new planes that we'll have to wait years for depreciation to make affordable if ever. The only way this changes is if all these new plane owners figure out they can't afford it or the bank comes and repossess it. I suspect most of the people buying right now have enough money set aside to own and keep a plane for some number of years. If that is the case, inventory is going to stay low keeping this a sellers market for a long time.

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$155k is crazy. There is no doubt that the market is crazy right now. In the last 4 years planes have gone up on average ~50%.

The real issue here is lots of buyers, fueled by low interest rates and COVID restricted travel, people wanted alternative modes of transportation chasing a limited supply of used, affordable planes that cannot be cheaply replaced. Who is going to pay $500k for a new 172 or Warrior? Over time the supply of affordable, used planes is going to keep shrinking faster than they will be replaced by new planes that we'll have to wait years for depreciation to make affordable if ever. The only way this changes is if all these new plane owners figure out they can't afford it or the bank comes and repossess it. I suspect most of the people buying right now have enough money set aside to own and keep a plane for some number of years. If that is the case, inventory is going to stay low keeping this a sellers market for a long time.
I would pay 500k for a brand new never been touched by anyone else Arrow (assuming it had 2021 updated avionics, not 430w). But then that is also a result of seeing these worn out birds going for 150k.

Latest posts