• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Wtb 140

lilsumo22

Reaction score
I am looking for my first plane and reallly want a 140. Would like a 69 or newer so I could have the standard 6 pack and newer throttle. I live by airport DWU in my. I am a student so I can't go to far to get one.

My cfi says low engine and airframe time are the most important.

N33GG

Galactic Commander
Reaction score
Lots of money in your pocket is most important! :D

There are many things to consider when buying an airplane. Do a little searching and reading on this forum and you will get a lot of information. The 140 is an excellent aircraft.

Good luck!

gwav8or

Reaction score
Good choice on looking for a 140! I love mine and plan on flying it for many years to come. Also good decision on getting one with the six pack configuration. Wish mine had that. Best of luck!

LN2

Stealth Member
Reaction score
✈️

Last edited:

Chavycha

CGLUMPS or bust!!!
Reaction score
The six pack thing is overrated. I thought I'd hate my 180's layout but after about two flights I didn't notice.

I may rearrange them at some point but it's low on my priority list for the airplane.

N4655R

Reaction score
I am looking for my first plane and reallly want a 140. Would like a 69 or newer so I could have the standard 6 pack and newer throttle. I live by airport DWU in my. I am a student so I can't go to far to get one.

When I bought my 140 my biggest thing was engine time. I found a 140 with 3500 hours on the airframe and 600 hours on the engine. $21K. Been very happy with her. And she is a '66 and I have never flown a plane with a standard 6 pack, so it doesn't bother me at all.

KLRDMD

Reaction score
I am looking for my first plane and reallly want a 140. Would like a 69 or newer so I could have the standard 6 pack and newer throttle. I live by airport DWU in my. I am a student so I can't go to far to get one. My cfi says low engine and airframe time are the most important.
As a general rule, CFIs know nothing about buying airplanes. Especially one that has never owned an airplane themselves.

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

A good prebuy inspection is the most important. A little money spent on a good prebuy can save you a whole lot of money and heartache.

Some low engine/low airframe planes are junk, and some high time engines and airframes are jewels, you can't tell from just the numbers

Mark

GilBuettner

Wisconsin CFI
Reaction score
My 1969 Cherokee 140 is for sale for $25,000. It has the 160 hp upgrade, an IFR certified panel, and average cosmetics and interior for the age of the airplane. Engine less than 600 hours. Photos and specs available if you might be interested... just send me a private message.

Latest posts