• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Windshield trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg S

Reaction score
I'm replacing the screws in the windshield trim pieces - they're pretty rough looking. It looks like whoever replaced the windshields used an assorted number of lengths and most are pretty chewed up. Plus I'd like to repaint the trim before reinstalling. Anyhow, in removing one screw, I heard the dreaded sound of what must have been a nut falling off behind the panel. There are supposed to be nutplates back there. Is it possible to access the nutplates by removing the glare shield? I was just planning on crawling under the dash to see what could be seen, but I'm thinking I may end up removing the windshields and glare shield to get at the nutplates. Yeah, I know the replacement is not owner maintenance, so will need the proper signoff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back