• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Ground on Headset Jacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently replaced the lower left plastic under the yolk and around where the headset jacks plug in. I noticed that there was a screw that also had a ground wire attached to it that was also holding the plastic trim in place. After reassembly I am know not getting sound out of my headset. The mic transmits just fine but the phono side I get nothing. If I half insert the jack I do get some sound but when pushed all the way in I get nothing. I am thinking that there is a bad ground where the one screw I removed was reinstalled. I did not trace this wire at the time and have not had time to trouble shoot. Any other random thoughts to look for before I make the hour drive to the hangar this weekend? I had no issues prior to the install of the new plastic.

This plane was just purchased in October and I am still working on all the quirks. Things such as starting in the cold, starting engine when warm as to not flood it, strut and tire pressures being affected by the cold, etc has been a learning curve. Need to get all these little things worked out and cold temps do not help. This forum sure has been a big help though.

Latest posts

Back