• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Seneca 2 elevator trim VERY stiff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbmurhy6570

Reaction score
Hi, so I've got a problem that I seem to be unable to solve with any Michanic. The elevator trim is pretty stiff on the ground but once in flight and have airframe stress, the trim becomes VERY hard to dial. Its almost unnerving its so tight. I had them check the cable tension at annual which they assured me they checked. It's been that way since I bought it. The trim servo was recently replaced at annual so I'm ruling that out as a cause. So here are my questions:
1) Is this normal for a Seneca 2? What is the trim like on your Seneca?
2). If it's not common, any suggestions on what the problem could be or where to start looking?

Latest posts

Back