• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

WI to AZ advice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerjohnson00

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m planning a long cross country with the family over spring break to visit my folks in Tucson, AZ. Wife and two daughters (5 & 7) are going to take our Cherokee 235 for an aviation adventure. I’m planning to fly 3/4 of the way the first day with 3 3-hour legs for pax comfort, with the final 4th leg done the next morning into Ryan Field by Tucson. Obviously, depending on weather, my planned route will take us down to Roswell, NM to spend a night with the creatures from outer space. The other direction I had thought was Alberqurque. I don’t have any mountain flying experience, so really looking to avoid those, which brings me to my question. Can anyone offer any advise on flying from the Roswell area and along the southern boarder? Is late March a tough time with winds and turbulence typically? This trip had been on my bucket list for a while so we’ve decided to give it a try. Also with the kids along, I’m looking to make it as pleasant and exciting of an adventure I can for all. Thanks much for any words of advise!

Latest posts

Back