• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for Route Advice Flying over Mts from Wyoming to Eastern Idaho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

1972 PA32-300
Reaction score
Hello Piper Pilots,
I'm looking for some route advice. I've been flying for 3000 hours and 35 plus years, but all east of the Mississippi. Next week, I have an opportunity to fly my PA32-300 from Florida to Eastern Idaho. Planned destination is Rexburg (RXE). It's about 2000 miles in a straight line. My plan is to make the trip over three days. First day to Kansas (maybe Wichita area). Second day to Wyoming (Cheyenne). Third day, early morning departure to get over the highest terrain and into Rexburg. All IFR. I have supp oxygen. The idea is to get reasonably close to the high terrain on the second day, but wait for cool early morning to fly rest of route. I picked out what appears to be a decent course over the less high terrain after departing Cheyenne. Most of this is a Tango airway (T302). The MEAs along this route are 11,000 or less. The Six, at much less than gross, can go higher if needed.

I'm looking for anyone with experience in this area (who has made this trip before) who can suggest different route, or better place to stop on day #2 than Cheyenne. It is still about 4-5 hours of flying from Cheyenne to Rexburg, so i would not mind shortening the day #3 leg. Here is the proposed route on Foreflight:

1629414436343.png

Thanks for your thoughts! Randy

Attachments

• 1629413808714.png
    1629413808714.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back