• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Warrior Nose Wheel tube stem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alstont

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

It's time for a new nose wheel tire. A local A&P suggested that I replace the tube with the tire. Easy enough to do.

Problem is, tubes come with either a straight or 90 degree valve stem. How do I know which I need?

Talking with the A&P brought up some other questions. He disagreed that I "need" a new tire. It didn't have wire belting showing through, didn't have a problem holding air, wasn't cupped from under pressured, worn funny, etc. and that my concern was merely cosmetic in that the tire is flat out BALD except for the extreme edge groove.

Do nose steer tires wear any faster than mains? I get that you can grind a nose tire by turning it stationary (really hard on the other parts as well) and sloppy landings/take offs where you're not really ready for nose wheel steering. Tires wear. No biggie.

So, I still decided to replace the main rubber on my own discretion. Up until the valve stem stumped me. Any ideas?

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back