• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Mystery...Third Flat Nose Tire in 16 Months

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, here's a good one... Went out to the hangar and found the plane with a flat nose tire. Had one about 16 months ago but the mechanic that changed it (another field) didn't mention why he thought it went flat (by the way, it was changed due to wear about a month earlier, so was relatively new). In July I went flying for an intro flight for my nephew and came back and after turning off the runway, the nose steering felt a little tight. Taxied about a hundred yards and it went completely flat. Bought a new tire and tube and my mech replaced it. All was well until yesterday. Took the tire off and looked at the tube which had a small puncture EXACTLY where the previous tire/tube had one. Had to be within millimeters of the exact spot. Couldn't find anything inside the wheel pant that would have caused this and there was no evidence of anything rubbing or obviously puncturing the tire and getting to the tube. Anybody have any ideas? The pic below shows where I patched the tube...

TubePic.jpg

Latest posts

Back