• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

W&B when equipment is swapped out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy101

Reaction score
I recently had a GMA340 audio panel removed and a GMA345 installed in it place. These devices are pin for pin compatible and very similar weight. Even so I was still charged 3 hours of labor plus $8.17 plus tax in "shop supplies", meaning there wasn't much change left out of $300. Seriously? 3 hours unscrew a screw, slide out a panel and put a new panel in? Apparently it "took longer than expected". Still scratching my head on that one. I'm guessing the shop supplies was the log book label and toner.

Anyway, I'd left the W&B with the avionics shop (which they have since lost) to get the equipment list updated. They are saying that as the two panels are virtually the same weight, the W&B does not need to be redone. Is that correct? My understanding was the W&B is also used to update the equipment list. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back