• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Vibration after takeoff on 180D.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airrmann

Reaction score
Hi,
I have some vibration after takeoff during climb. Once I level off even at higher power settings it seems to be gone. I was thinking wheels first but tapping the breaks after liftoff does not make it go away. I do have a high time prop that was balanced many years ago by previous owners and has not been touched since 2004. Would the vibration go away when leveling off if it's really the prop? I know there's a lot more loading on it during steep climbs but would it make that much difference compared to level flight? O-360-A4A engine, standard prop. Has anyone been able to lean out the window far enough to see when the front wheel stops spinning after takeoff ? :) Anyone have a clue what they roughly charge for balancing props nowadays? I guess I have to do a few simulated takeoffs up in the air to see what it feels like.

Latest posts

Back