• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Upgraded Dakota (N2955R)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a while since I logged on, as I have been working hard to finish my Dakota.
Its been many hours of late nights to get this done, but I have to point out the tremendous amount of knowledge I gleaned from this forum. Of course, I'm proud of it, but I honestly want to share any knowledge someone may have if they undertake a project like this (Don't Do It!, ...just kidding).
I put in new carpet, insulation, panels, leather seats (all from Airtex), new and repainted plastics, along with a nice upgrade on the panel: two G5's (anybody want to buy a vacuum pump?), 530W, Aera 660, PS Engineering PMA8000BT and a couple of other small things.
If anyone has questions, please let me know. I'd be glad to share my experiences and the photo's I took along the way.
Also, is anyone from the forum going to the AOPA Fly-in at Gulf Shores, AL (KJKA)? It will be my first major trip after three test flights.
Thanks again for all the help!
Billy V. Smith
20181011_154718.jpg
20181011_140635.jpg
20180929_130733.jpg
20181011_140824.jpg

Latest posts

Back