• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Just bought a Comanche (first post)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. I am Bryan. I just bought this 1961 PA-24-250.
It needs a handful of things but I will search the forum so I don't ask something that has been discussed a hundred times.

Prior to this plane, I owned a Grumman Traveler that served me well but with growing kids and quite frankly, being tired of going slow, this fit the bill.
Dallas to Oshkosh at 100 kts is a beating. Looking forward to flying faster and commiserating about all of the ADs with you guys :)

I also share a Cirrus SR22 with my father (Correction, he shares it with me) but this plane below is now my primary aircraft.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Garmin 175 WAAS. Audio panel will be the first thing to go.
Actually, I need shoulder harnesses first, then the audio panel is the next upgrade.
20211203_090916.jpg

Family greeted me at the airport when I flew it home from Kentucky. They wanted to see their new ride.
269340184_10225018958915408_7502573692778208341_n.jpg

Looks good from a few feet away. The paint is dull and chipped in places. I am working on polishing it and have a friend that can help with the chips.
20211203_101107.jpg

Happy New Year Everyone!
-Bryan

Latest posts

Back