• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Turn coordinator R & R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg S

Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this, but I just can't figure out why. My turn coordinator has been acting a little goofy lately so I'm thinking it's probably overhaul time. There are 4 screws that hold it in the panel and a small cannon plug in the back. Looks like about a 10-15 minute R&R job. By the book, I'm assuming this is an avionics shop job. What is it about this task that takes it out of the realm of owner-type maintenance. I know, If it's not listed in the FAR's, you can't do it. But really, this is for a non-critical instrument (VFR anyways) and in reality, is easier, with less chance of fouling something up, than an oil change - which is okee dokee for an owner to do. I guess I'm just venting a little, but wish the FAA would take a look at just what maintenance an owner could reasonably perform on his own.

Latest posts

Back