• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Travel maintenance items

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan3820

Reaction score
As a new owner of a PA-28-161 Warrior. I am soliciting suggestions for preventative maintenance items. While, I know to leave some flexibility in my travel plans, but both I and my wife have job schedules that prevent adding five days to a trip. Specifically, I am looking for those items that will leave me stuck at my destination airport, waiting for parts and at the mercy of an FBO or A&P that I do not know. One item that comes to my mind is servicing the mechanical fuel pump. Another is the magneto. It doesn't take long to swap out, if you have the part. Is it silly to carry a spare magneto? What about a spare inner tube? I know that life happens but I would like to do what I can to keep unexpected unpleasantries to a minimum, and when things do go bad that I am able to deal with them quickly.

Latest posts

Back