• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

third class medical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenbaron

Reaction score
I guess this is not a big deal in the larger scheme of things, but it just really pissed me off today when I called to make an appt for this useless physical that I have had to get every two years and the appointment clerk informed me they no longer filed this with insurance and payment $146 was expected in advance.
I have not filed with my health insurance carrier for ANYTHING in - I don't even remember, maybe about 30 years ago I had to submit a claim form for something but everything since has always been handled by the doctor's office, or the hospital or whatever! I had to call my insurance co. to find out HOW to file a claim, because I had no clue! This is a major carrier Blue Cross and the AME an "in network" provider, who has done two prior medicals for me where I simply paid the $40 copay, and today they just said "we don't file those claims anymore and you have to pay in full up front". Two friggin' years ago when I went in, I was laughingly telling this doctor "heh heh, this will probably be the last medical I have to get" because at that time AOPA and everyone else was saying "third class medical reform IMMINENT!!!" and here we are today and nothing has happened, and there's one lousy AME in town, and his outfit doesn't want to take the time to file claims for this exam anymore. PHTTT is what I say. PHTTT.:mad:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back