• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Third Class Medical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norpcom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So about a month ago, I went to the normal clinic where I've done my medicals for years (I've only had two before because I just turned 40). This time I got an AME who I was not a fan of right off the bat. Immediately he tells me they found sugar in my urine. So of course, I get a deferral. About three weeks later I get the from the FAA saying repeat the urinalyses. If findings are abnormal, submit A1C, medications, treatment plan, etc etc... Meanwhile, I have went to a clinic and test for an A1C of 5.5%, great. I've taken a few more home urinalyses tests and all came back negative for sugar. Yesterday went to another AME and repeated the exam. This time, negative sugar in the urine. Results sent to Oklahoma but again got deferred from the FAA. Has anyone ever had something like this happen? What can I expect? Since I've had a second official test come back negative can I expect to get my medical issued?

Latest posts

Back