• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Student Pilot looking at Cherokees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaft9ii

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been pouring through the forums here as well as several other resources in learning about the Cherokees. I'm currently training in a Cessna 172SP, which is great, but I want to own at some point. In keeping with that, I have a couple of questions hoping you folks could help with.

1. If I'm planning to purchase, and I am near the point where I'll be soloing, do you think it's worthwhile to look at purchasing a plane now, and training with it, or waiting until I've got my license?

2. This plane is in my area, and looks to be well situated, but I was hoping perhaps to get a critique of it (obviously tough based only on the web page...) based off the information present. I have my take on it, and I want to see if my thoughts on it are in line with some of you folks on the forums.

http://www.controller.com/listingsd...ROKEE-160/1977-PIPER-CHEROKEE-160/1388211.htm

Thank you! Even though this is my first post, I've already gathered so much information via your posts and replies to other people.

Ryan

Latest posts

Back