• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Stuck heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, have a quick question. I took off in the Warrior yesterday to realize that the heat was stuck on and I was burning up my ankle. I tried to cycle the heater condrol and it did nothing, so I stayed in the pattern and came around and landed. Looked at the heater box and had my passenger actuate both controls and watched cables move and it moved the arm on the heater box. I physically reached down to confirm we were moving the flap and it was. I felt underneath that box and felt another flap on the pilots side of the box that i was able ro pop up. took off again and no heat :) I was hopeing someone else may have had this problem and know what to do. I was thinking of removing the scat hose as i never use heat as I live in Florida.

Mark Johnson
74 Warrior
Well done right ankle!!!

Latest posts

Back