• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Stratus Waas xponder driving an Apollo MX20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guzziguy

Reaction score
Possible?

I'm in the research process for updating my panel and bringing it into, at least, the 1990's and wondered something.

I recently installed the Stratus ADSB In/Out transponder which has a WAAS GPS. This in turn drives my Foreflight. Works fine, etc.

In order to make it a GPS IFR machine (I've got two CDI's / GS but would prefer a GPS solution), the go-to "economical" solution seems to be to drop a used GNS-430 in there with a new VOR/GS CDI. But I also remembered from my PPL training that the 430's screen is a little on the small size (by current standards) and I've gotten used to my Ipad Mini's screen size.

In an attempt to think a little outside the box, I realized that I already had a WAAS GPS in the bird! That Stratus transponder. Well...?

Is it possible for the Stratus Transponder to drive the moving map display on an MX20?

Tks
Robert

Latest posts

Back