• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Stall / Spin Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willstarnes

Reaction score
Looking for some advice. We have two PA-28 140s. Recently, one my son uses for building commercial time stalled during a power-off stall maneuver and went into a spin, the left wing stalling first and dipping significantly which created the spin. He was shocked by this and recovered well. He assumed perhaps the wind or his rudder control contributed to this, so tried again and the same thing happened. We had the plane examined by our A&P and he inspected the mechanical connections and found no problems.

This has not happened before and my son has performed over 50 power on, off and accelerated stalls.

Our A&P said the rigging itself may be off and suggested we try another power off stall - and he is willing to go along - with the left aileron down and see if that counters the effect. If so, we will re-rig the plane.

It just seems very strange this has come up so quickly and my son does not recall any significant in terms of turbulence, hard landings etc.

Any advice from the years of knowledge here on what string to pull to find a solution? Thanks in advance for input.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back